Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid Band Hierarchy After Initial Design Wizard
posted

As you know, when you drop an ultragrid onto a form, you get a quick setup wizard.  If you attach the grid to an existing data source -- say an object hierarchy in a class library -- it gives you a preview of the bands that are about to be created, and these bands are in the layout and order that is similar to the schema of the object hierarchy, so you can tell which bands are child bands of others, etc.

However, as soon as you complete the wizard, it seems you can no longer get that band hierarchy anywhere.  Is that correct?  I have a data source linked to a collection of objects with many 'levels' to the hierarchy, and this generates 26 bands in my grid.  However, I can no longer see the band hierarchy anywhere.  When I go into the wingrid designer under 'Band and Column Settings', it only shows the bands listed in a flat list 1 through 26.  Since a lot of my 'levels' share similar names, many of the bands have the same name, so I cannot tell which band is which.

Is there something I'm missing? 

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi again,

Have you been able to resolve your issue ? Please keep me in touch.

Regards

Children