Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Formatting Grid Cell with a New line
posted

Hello,

I am trying to achieve the following.

I have an ultra grid which currently displays rows of data. Now as a modification I need to add additional data to the existing columns separated by a new line. I have attached a file which shows what exactly I want. 

I would like to know if I add a new line character to the under lying data source will that translate to a new line in the cell of the grid or will it appear as a character "\n" or something like this. 

Hoping for some help.

Thanks,

Ashwin 

P.S: In the first row in the attached image, you can see that there are two values in the Effective Date and End Date columns. I would like the output to be exactly like this. 

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Ashwin,

In order for this to work, you have to set the CellMultiLine property on the column to true.

Also, your data for the cell must include the correct return and line feed characters. You can use Environment.NewLine to get the correct character sequence.

Children