Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDockManager - Need to dock UltraGroupBoxes inside an UltraTab, Panel or other
posted

Mike Dour alludes to being able to accomplish this via a user control in more than one post, but here is the latest such reference:  http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/34192/211215.aspx However there is never a follow-up to say if it works or how it is done.  I created a basic user control and tried to add a dockmanger to it, but nothing happens.  My knowledge of user controls is very lacking.  My project is winforms, c#.

The issue is the DockManager always docs to the edges of the windows form regarless of where you drop it.  If you have an existing application driven by an UltraTabControl like we do, you cannot drop a DockManager inside a tab to leverage what it has to offer. 

Main question is can anyone get a dockmanager inside a user control like Mike Dour suggests? Please share the step by step details if you are able to accomplish this task.

Maybe there is another way to accomplish my goal, which is to have a static area at the top of the form like an UltraExpandableGroupBox, which is ideal because It can be collapsed in-place.  The remainder of the form is to be 4 horizontal sections that can be mainipulated exactly how the UltraDockManager allows - minimized to tabs, resized, undocked, etc.  This control is perfect...I just need to make it work so the docked groupboxes do not take the place, hide behind, or push down the top most UltraExpandableGroupBox.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

This post can be closed.  I learned what was missing.  You can drop a dockmanager on a user control, in my case a panel, but you cannot edit or add to the dockmanger once you build the control.  You have to fully configure the user control and all of the docked controls within it before you add the control to your project.  If you want to interact with the controls within the user control you have to change the Modifier property on each control from Private to Public.  This way you can reference the controls like:  this.myUserControl.ultraGrid1...

Like I mentioned, this was my first user control and the problem ended up being my lack of experience.  It was not an Infragistics "thing".

Children