Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultra Calc Manager errors
posted

I have seen a number of posts on this site complaining of the UltraCalcManager throwing exceptions when its information is changed while calculations are being performed.

I have a case where the Ultra Grid is configured to have 50 columns with summaries (weighted averages) to be calculated by the Calc Manager.  In this particular case, I can watch the calculations and it can take up to 2 minutes for all of the summaries to appear.

The exception will occur if I perform an action that causes the grid's datasource to refresh before the calculations are complete.  I assume that switching to Synchronous calculations would prevent the exception but I don't want to be locked up until the calcs are done.

I can get rid of the exception by calling ultraCalcManager.SuspendCalc, but then I get another error when I later call ResumeCalc.

What I'm looking for is some method for aborting the calculations instead of just suspending. 

Clearing the summary collection on the grid before calling ResumeCalc does not do the trick.

Is there some method or technique for cancelling the current calculation process and later restarting with new conditions?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

If refreshing or editing the data while calculations are in progress is causing an exception, then it's a bug.

What version of the controls are you using? Do you have the latest service release?

How to get the latest service release - Infragistics Community

I don't think there is any way to cancel or stop the calculations in progress, although if you set the CalcFrequency to Manual, it should stop any further calculations after the current time slice is finished. Then you could refresh the grid and set it back to Asynchronous.

But you should not have to do that.

Children