Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
[v7.1] Why doesn't AppStylist like me?
posted

I have been trying to do a few things with buttons and such, and for the most part, nothing is happening... well, my blood pressure is going up in a hurry... so something is happening, I lied.

Here is the problem:

The client desires buttons to have different colours, depending on function. For example, green for save, red for cancel, yellow to enter an update mode (the screens will look like Christmas Eve, if you ask me...).

I have even totally disabled the buttons usage of AppStylist and given the button its own color, and it won't change!!!! I am about pulling my hair out.

So I go into AppStylist... oh, this has been such fun... the damned thing won't change anything there, either! I can't get changes to apply to save my life. If someone had a gun on me, I would have asked them to shoot me already. I will literally change the background colour, it shows Properties on the example button, yet nothing happens in the preview canvas!

I am also trying to establish style sets within a single AppStylist library, and that isn't do jack, either.

I just refuse to believe that AppStylist is THAT clumsy to use. I get the feeling I am missing something entirely, but God help me, I haven't a clue.

What gives? Am I totally stupid or does AppStylist hate me that much?

Thanks in advance...

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

My guess is that it's not working because your buttons are themed.  

When you open up AppStylist and create a new style library, it will prompt you by default to turn off themes and explain that if you do not turn off themes, lots of things you try to do (like apply colors) will not work, because the Themed drawing overrides the colors.

So you probably need to turn off themes in your style library. The easiest way to do this is to create a new style library and follow the prompt. Or, if you want to use an existing library, what you do is look under Roles, expand the URoles node and select the Base role. On the bottom in the role editor, you look at the Other segment and drop down the button where it says "Themed Element Alpha" and you select Transparent. This turns off themes and your color settings should then work. 

Children