Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinDockManager Floating Panels Issue
posted

I have an issue with the floating panels not being on top of a form in this situation:

DockManager in a .NET User Control
.NET User Control placed on a VB6 form
Panels are floating correctly but not kept on top of the VB6 form

Note that if I place the .NET User Control in a .NET Form and call that form from VB6, I get the expected result (panels floating and kept on top of the form).

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

For a number of reasons, the UltraDockManager has to hook into the events of the owning Form. As such, it uses a version of FindForm() to walk up the parent chain looking for .NET Form. In your case, there is no Form in the chain so it cannot hook up these events. Due to limitations in the environment, we cannot fully support our Windows Forms controls in interop situations. However, we have attempted to make our controls more compatible with these environments. Try the solution provided in this forum post that describes deriving from the UltraDockManager. I believe it should help you achieve desired results.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Chris

Children