Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unexpected behavior changes between 9.2 and 11.2?
posted

Ultracombo 9.2 converted to 11.2 and I cannot figure out to get the same behavior we had with 9.2.

The behavior we have with 9.2:  The user tabs to or selects the control with a mouse click and the control drops down with 8 visible rows (out of a few thousand).  If they select a row the control closes and a button control gets focus.  If they start typing in the control they can tab off when the value they want is auto-completed (suggest append) or arrow down to the desired value and tab off, which again shifts focus to a button control leaving the desired value in the Combo.  Life is good.

What is happening now with the same code and settings after converting to 11.2: No matter what the user selects wtih the mouse or tries to type, focus is not changed to the button, and the row they select is not what ends up set in the Combo as the selected value.  Say we have the following values in the Combo:  Apple, Apple A, Apple B, and Apple C.  I cannot get the control to retain anything but "Apple".  Using the mouse, if I select "Apple B", the control closes and Apple B looks like it is selected but as soon as I click another control, "Apple" is the value in the combo.  It also seems that I cannot type Apple A, B or C into the control.  I can only type Apple.  Life is no so good...

I have tried everything I can think of to get back the desired behavior we had with the same control in 9.2.  I am thinking the problem may be with the DataTable being set as the Combo's datasource along with changes to the control between 9.2 and 11.2?  The DataTable has 4 columns exacly in this order:  Sort, ID, Item, ID2.  All values in the DataTable are text \ strings.  The Combo's ValueMemeber = ID and DisplayMember = Item.  Sort, which only has two distinct values is used for the ColumFilters.  ID2 is a secondary value that is used in conjunction with ID.  The Sort, ID, and ID2 columns are hidden.

The UltraCombo is not in a grid.

Parents Reply Children