Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Mixed ViewStyles within the data source bound tree
posted

I need to mix different types of ViewStypes (Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.ViewStyle) on the different levels of a data source bound tree. I would like the top two levels within the tree (each level is a DataTable) to appear as a Standard tree node whist the bottom level to appear as a Grid (multiple Cells).  This is the structure that I would like to get:

+ Level 1

+ Level 2

+ Level 3 Column1 | Level3 Column2 | Level 3 Column 3| ...

What is the easiest way to achieve something like that? If I start with tree ViewStyle Grid all levels within the tree appear as single or multi-cell grid levels. Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    posted

Mike, thanks for the quick response - overrides did the job just fine. One other question for the same tree. The datasource for the tree above is a dataset with 3 DataTables (one for each level) and 2 DataRelation linking the child nodes to corresponding parents (or vice versa). What I see is that when in VIewStyle.Grid mode - unlike when ViewStyle.Standard - the name for the Level 2 (2nd band) is not the name of the DataTable associated with the 2nd band and rather is the name of the DataRelation ("Level1_Level2" in this case). Therefore the tree shoes up like the following:

+ Level 1

+ Level1_ Level 2

+ Level 3 Column1 | Level3 Column2 | Level 3 Column 3| ...

Curiously the name is correct for the Level1 and Level 3 and below. Is that a known behavior and what's the easiest way to get around it (just rename the DataRelation?). I need "Level 2" to be the name of the 2nd band. Thanks again!

Children