Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to omit Pencil Like symbol on Row Selectors in Ultragrid?
posted

How to omit Pencil like Symbol from Grid on Row Selectors.

If we visit a row, the above symbol get removed.

But initially the symbols displays on all All rows.

i want to eliminate this..

PLease help me to solve this issue.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

The pencil indicates that there are changes in the grid row that have not been written to the underlying data source, yet.

So my guess is that you are setting the value of some grid cells in your code. In that case, there are two ways you can get rid of the pencil.

One way to do this would be to update the field in the data source instead the grid cell. The DataSource will notify the grid of the change and the grid will display it.

The other option is to tell the grid to commit the changes after you change the cell value. You do this by calling the Update method on the row.

A third option is to call the UpdateData method on the grid after all of the changes have been made to all of the cells. This would make sense if you are changing cell values in multiple rows inside a loop. You would finish all the changes and after the loop is complete, you can update the DataSource in one shot.

Reply Children