Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Minimum Size of a Tool in a RibbonGroup
posted

I have three StateButtonTools inside of one RibbonGroup in an UltraToolbarsManager Ribbon.  The stateButtons are setup to display both Image and Text.

When the caption of a StateButton has no spaces, (e.g.: "CaptionName"), the StateButton width automatically adjusts horizontally so all of the caption is displayed on one line.  The RibbonGroup also resizes itself nicely so it contains all of the other StateButtons on one line, and it appears that you can make the caption quite large if you like (e.g.: "AVeryLargeCaptionName".

When the caption of a StateButton includes a space, (e.g.: "Caption Name"), the stateButton always chops the caption at the first space in the and displays two lines of text below the icon of the StateButton.  This also shrinks the size of the ButtonTool in the RibbonGroup.

In this scenario, Is there any way to prevent the StateButton from taking two lines for the caption?  I would prefer to have the full "caption name" (including the space) on a single line below the button tool.

The SharedProperties of the StateButtonTool includes MinWidth and Width, but they appear to be read-only properties.

I am using NetAdvantage 2009 V2

Kind regards,
Steve

Parents
    posted

Hello ,

Our ribbon had built based on the Microsoft Ribbons guidelines:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc872782.aspx

The Ribbon’s tools are designed to calculate their sizes on this way so that they  take minimum width in ribbon. Also they are not designed to be able to adjust their sizes. This is because Ribbon should be able to arrange and rearrange its tool dynamically, based on the available space, ribbon stats and etc.

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Reply Children