Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
styling the Form caption bar
posted

Hi there

Happy user of Infragistics for quite a while, I've started looking into the app stylist. Yields fantastic results BUT I haven't found a way to style the form title bar: is it possible? I know you can control the form through the toolbar managers. I've used it, but then only 1 style is available (the blue office theme) and when I use that in conjunction with the green ISL file, I can not see the name of my application as the font turns to white (i.e. white font on white title bar...). Is it possible to override the fore color for the caption bar? More generally, what is available for this kind of UI tweaking?

Thanks! 

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

I'm not sure, but I think you can style the title bar as long as you are using UltraWinToolbars to make the form display with rounded borders like Office2007.

The tricky part of this is that there's no way for AppStylist to display a preview of this. Or... I guess it could be done, but currently it does not do so. It's simply not possible for AppStylist to preview every possible combination of properties for every control and this is one that is left out. 

So this is where the AppStylistRunTime really comes in handy. What you can do is place the AppStylistRunTime component on a form and then call the ShowRuntimeApplicationStylingEditor method at run-time. This allows you to display the AppStylist UI like the role tree and role editor along with your real application or some test application. If you do this with a ToolbarsManager on the form with the Office2007 display style you will be able to mouse over the title bar area and you will get the roletips so you can find the appropriate UI roles to style. 

Reply Children