Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Trying to dock controls within a TabPagecontrol
posted

I am trying to arrange the following within a TabPageControl (at design time).

1) A toolBar at the top of the control

2) a panel underneat to locate a few other controls

3)Below that a grid

4) Below that a Tab control

I want a horizontal split between 3) and 4) so that the user can adjust the relaytive sizes.

I have looked at the documentation on the dockManager and on the online help, but I must confess to being still unable to achieve this.

If I try to dock thins at the top they end above the toolbar. I can't find any samples of the use of the dock Manager.

I know th edock manager 'makes it easier' , but I find it totally beyond my comprehension.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Here's how I would probably accomplish this: 

I would create a UserControl which has a SplitContainer. On the SplitContainer, set the Orientation to Horizontal and the Dock to Fill. Add a grid to the top panel and a tab control to the bottom panel and set both of their Dock properties to Fill. Add an UltraDockManager to the UserControl. Create the panel with the additional control, right-click it, select 'Dock Controls' from the context menu, and dock the panel to the top of the UserControl. Rebuild the solution.

Create another UserControl and add an UltraToolbarsManager to it and define your toolbar. Add an instance of the first UserControl to the fill panel added by the toolbars manager and set its Dock property to Fill. Rebuild the solution.

Add an instance of the second UserControl to the tab page control in the main form and set its Dock property to Fill.

Children