Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Controls are not showing on the form, only as Icons at the bottom of the form
posted

Hi,

I am using Infragistics version 11.1.20111.1003. When I drag and drop a control it shows at the bottom of the form as an icon and it doesn't show on the form. Please note that there are other forms that uses the controls with no problem.  Those are new forms that I just created. Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks, Jayson

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Jayson,

As a precaution and as a possible method of remediating this issue, I would recommend the following:

-Ensure that all references within the project are consistent, as only one version of the assemblies may be used at any one time within the same project.

*if there are any references which belong to a version different than the one intended for the project, you will need to delete these references and re-add the appropriate assemblies, manually.

-Ensure that all of the Infragistics assemblies all have CopyLocal and Specific Version set to false.

Once these conditions have been verified:
    -Delete the contents of the projects licx file.
    -Close the designer window within Visual Studio.
    -Clean the project.
    -Rebuild the project and access the designer.

If these steps fail to correct this issue,  and as Mike has suggested, it may be necessary to re-install the version of NetAdvantage that you intend to use; this should re-allocate the required design assembly to the GAC.

It may also be possible to manually re-install the design assembly into the GAC and I have included the following link to MSDN article, which describes this procedure, for reference.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dkkx7f79.aspx

If you have any further questions regarding this issue or if I may be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chris K
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Children