Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Segmented Button - Drop Down Arrow
posted

Is there a possibility to make the drop-down-button in a segmented Toolbar Popupmenutool wider?

For some people its really hard to catch this arrow with the mouse if their eyes are not so young anymore?

TIA

J. Resperger

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Currently, there is no built-in way to specify the size of the PopupMenuTool's DropDownArrow. I would suggest that you Submit a feature request to Infragistics.

Normally, a creation filter could be used to resize UIElements. However, a creation filter to increase the DropDownArrow would be extremely complex (if not impossible), as the size of the tool would have to be increased to account for the new arrow size so the correct width would be calculated for the owning toolbar.

There is a possible "workaround" to achieve a size increase. This will only be viable if none of the Tools are using large images. The size of the Arrow is based on if the owner (i.e. toolbar) is displaying large or small tools. By default, a toolbar displays small tools. However, you can change the Settings.UseLargeImages to true for the owning Toolbar. (Or UseLargeImagesOnToolbar on the UltraToolbarsManager) This will force the Large tools to be displayed.  This also increases the size of the DropDownArrow.  You can now shrink the tools to the size of small tools by settings the UltraToolbarsManager's ImageSizeLarge to 16,16.

I hope this help.

Thanks,

Chris

Children