Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do you make a panel with curved corners
posted

How do you make a panel with curved corners with a different colour interior to the background colour

I have only found the borderstyle property, but the outside corners are left the interior colour which kind of spoils the effect

I have found an example in the AppSylist application that does what I want (see attached graphic)

can you let me know how this was achieved?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Larry,

I took a look at the AppStylistRuntime elements with the ElementViewer and it turns out that the panel in your screen shot is actually an UltraGroupBox.

Going a bit further I discovered that the GroupBox used in the AppStylist interface actually implements an image for its background; while I could not obtain the exact image, I was able to replicate the approximate behavior wherein the edges of the rounded image are blended with the background of its container control.

To do this, I edited a test image with Microsoft Paint, using the beveled rectangle tool set to the thickest width which I set to white, (any color could potentially be used). I then trimmed off the excess around this new border, saved the image and imported it into my sample.

I then set this image as the background image of the UltraGroupBox and set the background color of the container, (in this case the form itself) to white, in order to blend in with the image border.

I have attached the sample along with the test image for reference.

If you have any further questions at all regarding this approach, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chris K
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

CurvedPanelFromAppStylist92648.zip
Children