Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Switching Dock Settings with MDI Controls
posted

Hello,

I've searched both forums and didnt find an issue similar to mine, so I decided to open a new one.

I got a main form as you can see in the attached image.

This is how far I got:

The user can switch around different dock settings. I am saving the previous dock settings and loading the clicked dock settings. There is a fixed count of these settings the user can choose from. He can manipulate each of them as he likes. After closing and restarting the application the correct dock settings are loaded from the xml settings file.

This is new: Now I am trying to put MDI in. Opening the Application will bring up the form without any tabs in the mdi area (OK). Opening a tab works fine. Now, after switching the dock settings (user click) I want to load his dock settings for that config, but the MDI area loses it's tabs. I still can see the control itself, but the tab disapears. So in general I am having problems saving and loading the dock settings for mdi controls. Is it even required to save the MDI controls with the xml? How to avoid that? If it is intended, why is the result after the load not lossless?

This is required: The user must have the possiblilty to undock the MDI control from the main form to the float area of the dock manager. I know how to do this.

Blue

EDIT:

the clicked dock settings can not know about the opened mdi controls... how could I have missed that... But how to manage that the opened MDI controls stay the way they are, indepentent from the rest of the dock settings?

Parents Reply Children