Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Same style for columns headers and rows "headers"
posted

Hi,

I'm using the grid in my app. I apply styling to it using StyleManager. In the isl file for the GridColumnHeader role I apply custom appearance. The isl file looks like this:

<style role="GridColumnHeader"> 

<states> 

<state name="Normal">

<name>GridColumnHeader_Normal</name>

</state>

</states> 

</style> 

<resource name="GridColumnHeader_Normal" backColor="5, 5, 5, 5" etc />

How can I apply the same style for the UltraGridColumn (that column is the first one in rows and contains the name of the row)? I thought after appying a style I could do something like setting the column's CellAppearance to the grid's displayLayout.Override.HeaderAppearance, but the latter doesn't contain the values of the loaded style.

Thanks,

Vitaly 

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Vitaly,

No, the appearance in code will not contain the information you need. The appearance property on the column is not set by AppStylist, it gets resolved by the cell itself through a long chain of objects.

If yuo want to determine the actual appearance of an object, you can usually do this using a ResolveAppearance method, So I would see if the Column has a ResolveHeaderAppearance method. Or maybe column.Header.ResolveAppearance.  

Reply Children