Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Selecting cells only, not rows
posted

I need to select the cells in the grid only, and I have been thwarted at every turn. Each row of my grid has different cells which are disabled with a back color of LightGray. When I select a cell in the grid, the entire row is being highlighted and I can't see which cells are enabled and which are disabled.

I have tried every combination of RowActivation, CellActivation that is possible. Does not work. 

I have tried setting BackColorAlpha to Transparent for both the ActiveRowAppearance and SelectedRowAppearance. This does not work. The highlighted row renders white. White <> transparent. I can't see my grayed out cells on the row that is selected.

I have tried setting BackColor = Transparent, BackColorAlpha = UseAlphaLevel, AlphaLevel = 1. This throws an exception inside of Paint.

Is is that unusual for someone to want to select one cell in a grid? How can I accomplish this?