Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Trying to Edit a Cell bound to a datacolumn with an expression that is read-only
posted

I'm trying to figure out the best way to allow users to update a field in an ultragrid that is a read-only expression field in the underlying datatable.  For example lets say I have a datatable with 3 columns.  Value1, Value2, and Rate.  Value1 and Value2 are decimal values and Rate is a decimal expression equal to Value1 / Value2 in the datatable.

Users are allowed to edit value1, value2, or the rate in the ultragrid.  To make this work I am hiding the "Rate" field from the ultragrid and added a new editable column to the ultragrid called "RateEditable".  When the "RateEditable" field is updated I make the appropriate calculation to update Value1 or Value2.  I was hoping there would be a way that I could make the "Rate" field editable and not have the extra field to make this work.  Is this possible?

Thank you for your help in advance.