Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Trying to Edit a Cell bound to a datacolumn with an expression that is read-only
posted

I'm trying to figure out the best way to allow users to update a field in an ultragrid that is a read-only expression field in the underlying datatable.  For example lets say I have a datatable with 3 columns.  Value1, Value2, and Rate.  Value1 and Value2 are decimal values and Rate is a decimal expression equal to Value1 / Value2 in the datatable.

Users are allowed to edit value1, value2, or the rate in the ultragrid.  To make this work I am hiding the "Rate" field from the ultragrid and added a new editable column to the ultragrid called "RateEditable".  When the "RateEditable" field is updated I make the appropriate calculation to update Value1 or Value2.  I was hoping there would be a way that I could make the "Rate" field editable and not have the extra field to make this work.  Is this possible?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Parents
    Offline posted

Kurt said:
    I was hoping there would be a way that I could make the "Rate" field editable and not have the extra field to make this work.  Is this possible?

No. Using the unbound column is the best way to go.

Reply Children