Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Creating the EBNF.XML files
posted

I just starting looking at the Parsing Framework and I'd like to ask if is there a tool to help with creating the XML.EBNF files - or is it a manual effort ?

Thanks

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi John, currently this is a manual process, but there is a sample in WinForms called CustomLanguage which has a basic XML grammar defined and should help get you started. However, you should note that the parsing framework is currently a CTP and we are working hard to get it to RTM status as soon as possible. As part of this effort, we will be making some breaking changes to the EBNF special sequence content accepted by the framework, so you may have to change your custom grammar files when upgrading. I cannot yet say what those might be because the final special sequence grammar has not been locked down yet.

And we do hope to create a utility to help create EBNF files in the future, but getting the parsing framework to RTM status is currently the highest priority.

Reply Children