Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Installing Win Forms application from UNC path
posted

We are using the UltraGrid in a win forms application that is distributed through a UNC path.

When we publish the application, and the user tries to run it we get the error: The application requires that assembly Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v12.1 version 12.1.20.21.2071 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.

Because this is a corporate application, running a seperate instal on everyones PC that might someday get this application is unreasonable. How do I get the library to install from the publish wizard.

Thank you

Andre

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Andre,

Andre Kramer said:
    When we publish the application, and the user tries to run it we get the error: The application requires that assembly Infragistics2.Win.Misc.v12.1 version 12.1.20.21.2071 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first

If I understand well your issue, one possible reasons to get the error "The application requires that assembly Infragistics2.Win....." after publish your application, could be if you didn`t distribute infragistics assemblies that you are using into your application.  To solve this problem you should explicitly set "PublishStatus" to be "Include" for these assemblies.

I already was able to reproduce this scenario at a two different machine. The first one (my machine) has Infragisitcs assemblies and the second one is without Infragistics assemblies. When I set "Publish Status" = "Include" I was able to run the sample at the second machine, otherwise I get the same error that you describe in your first post.

Please take a look at the atatched screenshot and video file and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Children