Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Determine if all the non-hidden columns are displayed
posted

I have a grid that is disabled.  The users would like a way to see all the data.  Instead of enabling the grid and trying to turn off all the cells, I would like to give the users a way to trigger the grid to temporarily expand to fit.  My current plan is to handle mouse move on the grid's parent control, and when the mouse moves over the grid trigger the expand and shrink again when they move off.

In order to do that, I need to know if all the columns are currently being displayed.  Is there an easy way to determine if that is true?

I suppose one way of doing that would be to detect if the grid is showing a horizontal scroll bar...is that easy to determine?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Follow up question: Is there a way to determine how many pixels would be required to display all the non-hidden columns?  That would greatly assist in determining how large my expanded view needs to be.

Children