Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Column sorting fails on bound grids
posted

I have a grid control that uses a DataTable as a data source.  The following line of code is present in a startup Initialize() function, as well as, in the grid control's InitializeLayout() event handler.

==> gridTable.DisplayLayout.Override.HeaderClickAction = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.HeaderClickAction.SortMulti;

I have reviewed the posts about using the BeforeSortChange() and AfterSortChange() event handlers and the sample code posted by members of the forum.  I have even used the .Single option for sorting.  The code samples are syntactically correct and the compiler does not complain.  BUT, no matter which column header I click on at run-time to sort, I see a flicker that lasts a fraction of a second before the column REMAINS UNSORTED.

I have tried just about everything, including working with the smallest dataset (limited number of columns and rows) -- and still the same results.

I have spent so much time on this that I am now hoping that someone here can help me out.  I am convinced at this point that there must be a bug in the grid when it has a "bound" data source.  

Totally perplexed!!

Parents
    posted

I should also point out that that I am aware that I can specify the SortIndicator for any given column to sort manually.

It is not possible for me to set the SortIndicator because I am unable to predict which columns will be part of the underlying (bound) DataTable.  I want the user to choose which column to sort on, at run-time.

Reply Children