Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical Dataset in grid
posted

Hi,

I have a hierarchical dataset(with relations) that is populating a infragistics grid. The grid loads with some child records for each row. When i first time click on the one of the + sign, it just hangs in there for a long time. After that subsequent operations perform little better. The total records are couple thousand.

There is no even that is getting fired when it is hanging. Any ideas/pointers on what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

When you click the expansion indicator, the grid has to go out and retrvieve the child rows for that particular parent. This can be an expensive process depending on the data source. But I can't see why it would be slow with only a couple of thousand rows. 

What are you using for the DataSource of your grid?

Is your data source recursive? If so, try setting MaxBandDepth to something like 5 and see if that helps.

Another thing you can try, as a test, is setting SynchWithCurrencyManager to false. If that helps, it means that the performance issue is being caused by changing the current position of the BindingManager. If that's the case, you might try using a BindingSource to wrap your data source, if you are not already doing that.  

Children