Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Toolbar Too '.Priority' property doesn't seem to be working properly.
posted

I have an application that has a number of MDI windows, each with it's own toolbar.

The MDI host window has it's own toolbar.

The toolbars are set to merge themselves with the main window's toolbar.

The first picture I've attached is of the full screen application. (fullscreen.png)

The second picture (if this board supports that) shows the application shrunk in the X-dimension. (squished.png)

In the first picture, you can see 3 large drop-down list boxes on the toolbar.  After I shrank the application in the X-dimension, you can see only 1 of the drop-down list boxes.

The problem is, all three of the drop-down list boxes had a '.Priority' value set to '5', while the other controls (some hidden by the shrink, some not) had a '.Priority' value of << 5.  Based on the documentation, I would have expected the toolbar to hide those controls with a lower '.Priority' value *before* it hid the controls with a higher '.Priority' value.  However, that's not what happened.

Is there some other property that needs to be set to get this behavior to work?  Is there some work around?  What seems to happen is that each of the toolbars seem to decrease in size equally, and hide Tools as they do so.  Also, as each toolbar shortens in X, it won't hide lower priority controls first.

I tried to attach both pictures - the before & after, but was not able to.  Instead I uploaded a '.DocX' file with both pictures in it.  Couldn't do that either, so I ZIP'd the '.DocX'.  Please unzip & view.

Thank you;

Patrick

BeforeAfter.zip
Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics.

Please let me know which version of our controls you are using.

You should also keep in mind that a lower number stored in the Priority property is considered to be a higher priority than those with a higher number.

Children
No Data