Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Dropdown - disable direct edit
posted

I've created a custom dropdown control, following the directions at http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=7698.  Works great, but the problem I'm having is that the text box that is the editor in the cell with the custom dropdown allows direct editing of the text.  I'd like this to be readonly or disabled - basically the same behavior as a different column that has the DropDownList style.

I've tried setting the UltraTextEditor to readonly and disabled, but it appears that that the WinGrid is overwriting these properties.  I've also tried doing things with the style to no avail.

I'm thinking I'm missing something simple here, any ideas how to do this?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

The DropDownList functionality you are referring to is specific to the UltraComboEditor and does not exist in UltraTextEditor. So I don't think this can work with an UltraTextEditor. But maybe you you use an UltraComboEditor instead, then it will honor the Style property on the grid column when set to DropDownList. You would, of course, have to hide the default dropdown button in the combo by setting DropDownButtonDisplayStyle to Never.

Reply Children