Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Preloading of infragistics controls
posted

I have found that loading of some forms in my winforms project take a while to load. I'm yet to find the cause for sure, but I suspect that thet loading of Infragistics tools is causing it. This is based on the following:

1. The forms where I am having the problem have a large number of different infragistics controls on them - grid, dropdown, combo, text editor, labels, buttons, datetimeeditor, etc.
  2. The first time I run the form takes a while - subsequent opening of the same form are faster.
  3. Opening other similar forms first (which have the same controls on them) speeds up the trouble form somewhat when I open it for the first time.

This leads me to beleive that loading the infragistics tools into memory for the first time is causing the problem.

So, my questions are, is my guess here likely to be correct (Infagstics tools loading is causing delays). And if so, what can I do about it?

Thanks. 

Parents Reply Children