Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Strange and random error
posted

Hi,

I have a grid whose datasource is a datatable which is generated by a separate process. I very occasionally get the following exception thrown whilst this process is running and the binding is taking place. It does not seem to affect the stability of the application and I can carry on using the application without problem. I can also rerun the process to generate the datatable and populate the grid without any errors. 

Looking at the exception stack it looks as though the error is occuring when the datatable is binding to the grid. Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Nish

Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Error Details:
Source: mscorlib
StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Infragistics.Shared.DisposableObjectCollectionBase.GetItem(Int32 index)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.VisibleRowsCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersectionUIElement.PositionChildElements()
   at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersectionUIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase

controlElement, Boolean recursive)
   at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.DataAreaUIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean

recursive)
   at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(Boolean recursive)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.VerifyIfElementsChanged(Boolean verify, Boolean syncMouseEntered)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.get_CurrentCursor()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.get_Cursor()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmSetCursor(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
InnerException: Nothing

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

By "separate process", do you mean a separate thread? If so, you need to be extremely careful. If you do anything to the data source on a thread other than the UI thread and it causes the data source to send a notification to the grid, then this will end up crossing threads without properly marshalling and can cause all sorts of problems like exceptions. 

Children