Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TimeLineView - Best practice for fixed 7 day view
posted

Hi!
Is there a best practice sample available which shows how to configure the TimeLineView to display a fixed 7 day time range?

I already figured out the intervals, headers.... but how do I get the correct column width? Actually I'am using a UIElementCreationFilter to get the OwnerHeaderWidth and ScrollBarWidth and calculating the Column Width. But these Column Width doesn't fit exactly into the Client Area - so there is a small gap left caused by the integer conversion. What's the best way to get rid of this gap? Is it possible to assign a width directly to a Column to expand the last Column?

(Please see attached picture!)

Best regards, Jens!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Jens,

Thank you for posting in our forums.

Looking at the attached image, what I assume is making your calculations a little bit off is the border merging. Some of the borders (like the Solid ones in the TimeLineView) are merged. This means that the element to the right is drawn over the rightmost pixel of the left element. This is done in order to prevent double borders. So most likely in your case you will need to lower the width of the control with 2 pixels.

I have attached a sample demonstrating this approach. Let me know if this works for your scenario.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

WTLV_NumberOfDaysVisible.zip
Children