Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cut/Copy/Paste - NOT to/from Excel
posted

I need to implement Cut/Copy/Paste functionality within an application, but not for use with Excel - it is in the application only.

I'm handling the BeforePerformAction event and handling the cut/copy/paste actions, and serializing my custom type to/from the clipboard manually.  The event is firing as expected, and the clipboard operations work correctly (outside of the grid).  However, when I put the two together, it doesn't seem to be working quite right.

I first tried cancelling the action after copying to the clipboard, but if I do that, then the paste action never fires.  If I don't cancel the action after copying, then it looks like the grid is putting it's own data into the clipboard (haven't had a chance to actually look at the data here yet though).  Is there some better way to implement this?  Should I just handle the keypresses directly?  -- though if I do this, I may have problems later with toolbar menu items.

Parents Reply Children