Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Moving points on a polyline chart
posted

I would like to create a chart with polylines that I can move the points after the chart is created.

I looked at the "Updating Data Points" sample in the WPF Sample Browser for WPF 23.2 as an example, but I would like to do this with disconnected lines.

I have looked at the XamDataChart ScatterPolylineSeries and the XamShapeChart with Polyline chart type. Both of these take a System.Windows.Point. Point doesn't implement INotifyPropertyChanged, so modifying them does not change the chart.

I tried implementing the ObservableDataPoint class in the example, but the charts won't display the data unless it's a System.WIndows.Point.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

I'm using .NET 8.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Josh,

My best recommendation to “move” the ScatterPolylineSeries would be to replace an existing Point in the underlying ShapeMemberPath’s collection to a new instance of a Point because as you mentioned, the X and Y properties of System.Windows.Point do not implement INotifyPropertyChanged. After doing this, you can call the ScatterPolylineSeries’ RenderSeries method and it will re-render with the change. I believe something along the lines of the following may help you, where the “Points” collection is the ShapeMemberPath of the ScatterPolylineSeries:

Point point = vm.Data[0].Points[50];
                point.Y = 80;

Point newPoint = new Point(point.X, 80);

vm.Data[0].Points.Remove(point);
                vm.Data[0].Points.Insert(50, newPoint);

chart.Series[0].RenderSeries(false);

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children