Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to add a RibbonGroup to the QAT?
posted

Hi,

I am trying to add a RibbonGroup as a whole to the QAT with some C# code.  How do I do this?  I tried:

myRibbonWindow.Ribbon.QuickAccessToolbar.Items.Add(new QatPlaceHolderTool(myribbonGroup.Id));

However, I get a run time error that: Tool being added to the QuickAccessToolbar is not registered!

Am I doing things out of order, or is there a special property on the RibbonGroup I need to set before doing this?

Also, when are you planning on releasing this Beta as an actual product release?

thanks

KZ

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted
    Hi KZ -

The QatPlaceholderTool constructor you are using assumes that the item you are creating the placeholder for is a Tool.  Since you are adding a RibbonGroup in this case, you must use the constructor overload that takes a second parameter of type QatPlaceholderToolType.  So the line of code should look like:

myRibbonWindow.Ribbon.QuickAccessToolbar.Items.Add(new QatPlaceholderTool(myribbonGroup.Id, QatPlaceholderToolType.RibbonGroup));

Hope this helps.
Children