Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Designing columns / rows?
posted

Hi,

I've added a xamDataGrid to my wpf usercontrol, but nothing displays, even though I point it at a datasource.

I'd just like to get a designer's view so that I can arrange columns, hide / show row selector, etc.

Any ideas?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

I don't know how you did it. However, you should be knowledgeable about the xamDataGrid control
    binding behavior.

When you bind the XamDataGrid in the designer, whether you use Visual Studio or Blend,
    you will not get a FieldLayout(s) generated for you.It is still required that these are generated by the developer
    manually.This can be done by typing xaml or by adding them through the Properties Pane/Window in Visual Studio or
    Blend. Once you have created the FieldLayouts and Fields, then you can use the properties window for setting properties
    that affect how the XamDataGrid and/or fields are displayed.

If you are bind the DataSource of the XamDataGrid to a Resource, then you may see fields displayed in the designer,
    but this still doesn’t generate the corresponding FieldLayout.

If you are binding to the DataContext, then the Fields won’t even be visible in the designer.

For setting properties in the designer, the only option is the built in Properties pane/window in Visual Studio or
    Blend. If you want to be able to edit(set) any definite property through the built in properties pane/window you can
    log a feature request at http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/RequestFeature.aspx .

To illustrate the above mentioned(in bold) bindings I will create and attach a working sample application soon.

Best Regards,
    Yanko

xamDataGridBindingBehavior.zip
Children