Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid still randomly skipping cells (7.2 RC)
posted

Hi there

Another issue with 7.2 that's not resolved yet: Sometimes it appears that certain cells are being skipped during rendering. I assume this the same or related to the issue that causes records to be rendered with the wrong data (e.g. record X displays a single cell value of a styled cell that belongs to record Y). As far as I can tell, it only affects templated cells that use a CellValuePresenter but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Here's a sample screenshot of the issue:

Some more information:

• The first cell (the red pen) isn't data dependent at all. The presenter only renders a button that appears as the pen and fires a command when clicked.
  • The second column (first green check mark) is based on a status property (bound field). The presenter uses a converter to render an image based on the status value.
  • I haven't seen a case where only one of the styles (or a third one) is being skipped. Strange enough as they aren't related at all. Furthermore, the third column works exactly the same as the second one, just on another property.
  • In most application sessions (from start to closing the app), everything works fine.
  • When it happens during a session, it doesn't always happen - I have to navigate back and forth a few times to cause the grid to refresh its bindings. I'd also say the grid isn't as responsive as it is when it works ok.
  • Which records are being affected appears to be completely random - I haven't seen a pattern at all. They are, however, never very close to each other.
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Philipp

That is very strange. I am wondering if it has something to do with our recycling of elements. Try setting the grid's RecordContainerGenerationMode and/or CellContainerGenerationMode properties to 'Virtualize' or 'LazyLoad' to see if the problem goes away. Either way if you could provide a small sample app that demonstrates the problem I can take a look.

Thanks.

Children