Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What is the Best approach to getting and reapplying Column widths to a grid ?
posted

One of the requirements I have for the Datagrid is to allow the user to resize all the columns to there liking and beable to save off the widths and reapply them when to go back to the page at a later time.

I figure I can just look through all the Fields in the FieldLayout, and read off the width, but is there an easier way to extract that information and put it back ?

Thanks

DK

Parents
    Offline posted

In the current version, there is no built in mechanism for saving the user customizations but you should submit a suggestion for this feature: http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/RequestFeature.aspx

In the interim, you would have to iterate the Fields in the FieldLayout and look at the (Cell|Label)WidthResolved values and use those to initialize the (Cell|Label)Width when you load them back in. Note, in the current builds available, the resolved properties will not return the resized value but this issue has been reported internally and will be addressed in the next hotfix. You may want to submit a report to the support group and reference issue BR25223 so you can be notified when the hotfix is available.

Reply Children