Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to format a column
posted

I've read several threads but I haven't been able to figure it out.  I'm trying to right align specific columns and format them to N2.  I have to do this in code (vb) because the columns that I will be formatting are dynamically generated. I'm binding the grid to a datatable view.

How do I do this?

-Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello,

With code you can hook the FieldLayoutInitialized event and create custom styles for the presenter and editor of the Field in the event, e.g.

<igDP:XamDataGrid x:Name="XamDataGrid1" DataSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource BookData},XPath=Book}" FieldLayoutInitialized="XamDataGrid1_FieldLayoutInitialized">                                            
                </igDP:XamDataGrid>

C#

private void XamDataGrid1_FieldLayoutInitialized(object sender, Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Events.FieldLayoutInitializedEventArgs e)
            {

Style cvp = new Style();
                cvp.TargetType = typeof(CellValuePresenter);
                cvp.Setters.Add(new Setter(CellValuePresenter.HorizontalContentAlignmentProperty, HorizontalAlignment.Right ));                   

Style es = new Style();
                es.TargetType = typeof(XamTextEditor);
                es.Setters.Add(new Setter(XamTextEditor.FormatProperty, "N2"));

e.FieldLayout.Fields[0].Settings.CellValuePresenterStyle = cvp;
                e.FieldLayout.Fields[0].Settings.EditorStyle = es;           

}

VB.NET

Private Sub XamDataGrid1_FieldLayoutInitialized(sender As Object, e As Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Events.FieldLayoutInitializedEventArgs)

Dim cvp As New Style()
        cvp.TargetType = GetType(CellValuePresenter)
        cvp.Setters.Add(New Setter(CellValuePresenter.HorizontalContentAlignmentProperty, HorizontalAlignment.Right))

Dim es As New Style()
        es.TargetType = GetType(XamTextEditor)
        es.Setters.Add(New Setter(XamTextEditor.FormatProperty, "N2"))

e.FieldLayout.Fields(0).Settings.CellValuePresenterStyle = cvp
        e.FieldLayout.Fields(0).Settings.EditorStyle = es

End Sub

More info can be found in the following forum thread:

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/2187/14781.aspx#14781

Children