Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sort Indicator and Pin on seperate line in column header
posted

I have a customer who wants to see as much data in the xamDataGrid as possible. To reduce the width of some columns he suggests to put the Sort Indicator and the Pin icon on one line and the column name on another line in the column header.

I browsed through the forum messages but could not find a similar question and have no idea how this could be achieved (I have to admit that I'm still not very proficient in XAML and the Infragistics controls although I'm now using them for almost one year).

How can this be done? Thank you  in advance for any good ideas and help.

Markus

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello Markus,

What you have to do in this case is to retemplate the element that represents the label - LabelPresenter. You can find the default style for it in the DefaultStyles directory in the Infragistics folder. You can use and modify this style to achieve your requirement. There are several elements that the LabelPresenter is comprised of. They are positioned in a Grid element with Rows and Columns. What you can do, is change the attached Row and Column properties of each element to reprosition it. For example, the SortingIndicator element will have Row="1" Column="0".

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Reply Children