Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bind grid columns to parent and child combo boxes
posted

I have a xamDataGrid bound to an ObservableCollection<Note>.  Among other things the Note objects have properties for NoteTypeID and NoteSubTypeID.

I also have a ReadOnlyCollection<NoteType>.  Each NoteType object exposes its ID and Name as well as a ReadOnlyCollection<NoteSubType>.  Each NoteType object has a unique list of NoteSubTypes (but the NoteSubTypeID's aren't unique).

I've bound the NoteTypeID to a XamComboEditor and that column is displaying correctly.  What I'm having trouble with is binding the second XamComboEditor.  I need to set the ItemsSource property to the NoteType XamComboEditor's SelectedItem.SubTypes.

I have this working outside of the grid, but can't seem to get it working within the grid.  Hints?

Parents
    posted

Is this even possible?  Or is the grid going to try to use the same ItemsSource for the combobox in each row?

Reply Children