Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamTextEditor TextWrapping strange behavior
posted

Hello,

I am using a XamTextEditor with TextWrapping set to Wrap for one field of a XamDataGrid. This XamDataGrid is displayed through a XamDockManager. The problem appears when I want to display a string containing a '-' character in this XamTextEditor. 

The text is truncated after the '-' character except if if resize the column enough to display the text on several lines.

In that case, the text is truncated, but not the same way

The first strange thing is that this appears only if my XamDataGrid is docked. If I undock the XamDataGrid, the text is displayed entirely, like this:

The second strange thing is that if I append a space at the end of my string displayed in the XamTextEditor, even if the XamDataGrid is docked, the text is displayed entirely!

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this issue in a basic prototype and my application is too complex to send you all the source code, but I wanted to know if, by any chance, you have already noticed this strange behavior.

Thanks,

Thomas

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Thomas,

I'm looking into your question.  You didn't mention what product version you are using or what service release.  It will be helpful information if you could provide that.

I will get back to you shortly after I have a chance to try to duplicate the behavior.

Children