Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DockManager 11.1 floating windows maximize problem when UseOSNonClientArea = false
posted

We upgraded the DockManager to v11.1 so use the maximize floating windows feature, this is very important to us and your timing on the release was perfect for our project.

At first we implemented it without an issue, using UseOSNonClientArea = true rendering the window perfectly and we were always able to maximize without issue.

Now the client has asked us to remove (not disable, but totally remove) the close button from floating panel windows since we dont allow them to close the panes anyway. To do this i first set "UseOSNonClientArea = false" so that i can start messing around with the style but immediately noticed that now when i try to maximize the window on my laptop (w520) display it does not respect by taskbar, going under it with the floating window.

I then tried maximize on my secondary display and it would always leave about 100 pixels at the bottom, showing whatever app is behind the screen. Basically broken differently but always badly so.

Are there any known issues or suggestions you can offer me? I also tried to figure out some Win32 API to remove the close button while keeping UseOSNonClientArea = true but didn’t get very far with that either.