Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Two way binding to a XamComboEditor
posted

I have a number of combo boxes in a window that I need to setup two-way binding on, however I can't seem to figure out how to do it.  I have successfully set up basic binding to fill the control where I have the ItemsSource="{Binding}" and I set my DataContext in my C# code behind.  I also have two-way binding working on all of the other controls in the window

Let's say I have an object and I am returning an ObservableCollection of it and I want to display Name which is a string.  I want the value member to be an ID which is an integer.  Is there a code snipped you can please provide that shows how to do two way binding on the ID?  I can't seem to find a ValueMember property anywhere, and basically XamComboBox binding is a mystery for me.

Thank you for a very simple and basic xaml code snippet.

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Mike,

I have created a sample application for you following your scenario. I have added a XamDataGrid with Patient objects in it and UnboundField with a button which opens another window that displays details to the Patient that corresponds the record. In the details window I have bound every property of the Patient  to a TextBox, except the Clinic property which is bound to the SelectedItem of a XamComboEditor. In the MainWindow in the XamDataGrid, there is a UnboundField called “Clinic Name” which is bound to the Clinic.Name of the Patient. You can see that when you change the selected item of the XamComboEditor, the “Clinic Name” field in the XamDataGrid changes its value, because of the two-way binding.

If you have any further questions on the matter please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

ClinicPatientApp.zip
Reply Children