Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom ErrorTempalte
posted

Hi IG Team!

In one of our projects we had the requirement to defined a custom ErrorTemplate (Tooltip) for all of our input controls. The template has a special layout (Header, Body and Footer) and shows relevant information.

Is there a way how we can use the same template for the Editors (e.g. XamTextEditor) within the XamDataGrid? We tried the Validation.ErrorTemplate DP without success. Furthermore the same template should be applied, whether the cell is in edit mode or during mouse-hover.

Best regards,

Hico

Parents
    posted

Hello hico,

I have been looking into your question and in order to perform validation and display a custom message in the tooltip xamDataGrid’s Editors, you can implement the IDataErrorInfo interface into your data source object. I have prepared a sample project, that demonstrates the described approach. You can also take a look in the Feature Browser’s example and check if there are other features that you desire to reuse within your project (can be found under xamDataGrid -> themes and Styles -> data Error Style) .

The custom validation can be executed from the event handler of the Editors MouseEnter event as well.

Can you please take a look at the sample provided and let me know if this implementation meets your requirements or I have misunderstood you at some point.

Sincerely,

Ekaterina

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

www.infragistics.com/support

xamDataGrid_ErrorTemplate.zip
Reply Children