Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamComboEditor Changes in Version 11.2 vs 12.1?
posted

Hi,

I was previously using WPF 11.2 controls, XamComboEditor specifically.

I migrated my project from 11.2 to 12.1 and what I see the xamComboEditor which was working fine n 11.2 is not working in 12.1.

The code is exactly the same in both case, in 11.2 the binding is working fine and in 12.1 the data shown in combobox is the length of the characters of the data and not the actual data.

Description:

In Version 11.2 - I have a ObservableCollection<string>. Binding this to the xamcomboeditor (11.2) give names of the employees on the UI.

In Version 12.1 - I have a ObservableCollection<string>. Binding this to the xamcomboeditor (12.1) give length of the names of the employees on the UI and not the names of the Employees.

Please help. This is a very weird situation.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

The issue that you are referring is caused because of some changes that we made over the design behavior of the XamComboEditor- it will no longer support binding to simple type such as strings. The best thing to do if you encounter this issue is to wrap the string in a custom object and set the display member path of the XamComboEditor  to point to the string property that contains the string that should be displayed.

If you have any additional questions on this matter please feel free to ask.

Children