Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Intellisense in multi-line textbox
posted

Hello Team,

I am trying to incorporate a mutli - line textbox with intellisense in a WPF window. When a user enters predefined characters in the textbox (e.g. "[","."), a list box should be displayed with available options. I am trying not to reinvent the wheel, hence, I am wondering if I can implement the desired features with the available infragistics controls without any customisation. Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Sherif

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Sherif,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and since we don’t have such control I can suggest you use our cross-platform XamComboEditor control. You can set its CustomValueEnteredAction Property to Allow in order to allow the user to enter new values. Also you can set AutoComplete Property to true or false based on your requirements. Also you can remove the DropDown button by retemplating the control. I created a small sample for you where I implemented these things. You can use the sample as a base for further customizations you need.

XamComboEditorIntellisense.zip
Children