Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Some questions about XamlMultiColumnComboEditor
posted

Hello,

I'm new to your controls and WPF so for few days I tried to code something with XamlMultiColumComboEditor, and some problems has occurred.

1) How can I get a selected field, ie in a MessageBox, like MessageBox.Show(combobox.SelectedValue.ToString()); because SelectedValue is always null (I put this code in the SelectionChanged event of the control, that may be the reason) and others return me something I don't want and I don't understand.

2) Is it normal that I always have a blank column at the end of my rows ? If so, why, and (how) can I get rid of it properly ?

3) My control displays 3 columns from a dataset. Everything works well until I click on a row, then the text field displays only one value (the last one). Same question as above, but to display the whole row.

4) How can I change the name / title of headers ? They seem to take my database's fields' names, and I don't want that since it's camel cased but not really pretty.

Although this control (and some others) are really usefull, those problems are annoying me, but maybe I didn't search far enough...

And just to be curious : before I discovered Infragistics' controls, I tried to gather about 36 000 rows from my database in a combobox. It took so much time to initialize... and I was so impressed to see yours takes only... almost nothing ! How did you do that ? I struggled for a while to find a way to solve it !

Thanks for your help !

Parents Reply Children