Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamPropertyGrid and Collection...
posted

Hi, I'm developing a system that uses the new XamPropertyGrid  to visualize (and I'm thinking also to edit if possible) the details of some classes

some of the classes have the following format

MyProperty1

Myproperty2

MyCollection1

Element1

Element2

Element3

The Mycollection1 is correctly shown but its elements are shown in the following format

[0]

ElementProperty1

ElementProperty2

The collection elements in my case are objects containing a Name and a Value and are Dynamically created on the objects.
Is there a Way to tell the Property Grid to show (maybe the ToString) instead of the [0] so that the effect will be more User friendly?

I make an example: The Object is  a Project, The Collection is an accessory information data the content of the property grid I'd like to have is the following:

ProjectName StarTrek

FileName StarTrek.proj

Folder C:\Startrek

Revision 1.0

+   AdditionalInfo

+ Order 12345

Name Order

Value 12345

+ DeliveryDate 06/01/2015

Name DeliveryDate

Value 06/01/2015

This will allow to use the property grid in several scenarios and avoid the need to develop a specific User control or window to visualize the data and modify them.

Thank you in advance

Parents
    posted

I add some more information,

After writing you, remembering that you told me that the property grid  uses what Implemented by Microsoft about the property grid, I've added to my collection class and collection element the implementation of the Customized property descriptor with its interface and classes, this implementation in windows forms property grid allows to obtain what I wanted.

Unfortunately, the XamPropertyGrid does not react to the implementation and the collection has still the index numbers instead of the data given by the customized property descriptor. If you have any hint on how to resolve the issue,

thank you in advance

Reply Children