Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Fake DragDrop for new elements
posted

I'd like to drag an object of my application and let it just behave like a dragged panel. When dropped I would create a panel based on this object. If this is not possible, would it maybe be possible to create a panel when the dragging starts and just drag it instead of the object?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello dclausen,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend that you take a look at the Infragistics Drag-Drop Framework to achieve this requirement. Here is a link to our online documentation about this drag-drop framework: http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/2014.1/CLR4.0/?page=Drag_and_Drop_Framework.html.

Using this drag-drop framework, you could make your object of your application a DragSource and make the XamDockManager the drop target. If you were to handle the Drop event on your DragSource, you could make sure that the XamDockManager is the drop target from the event arguments of that event. From there, you could create a SplitPane and a ContentPane, and place your object inside of the ContentPane. Then, you could place the ContentPane inside of the SplitPane.Panes collection, and finally add the SplitPane to the XamDockManager.Panes collection to have it show in the XamDockManager.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Reply Children