Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I mimic a <select> element?
posted

I love the combo component but it seems to require multiselect.  How do I get single select?  Dropdown is the closest, but the title doesn't change on selection and it's not formatted at all like the rest of the controls where there's a "placeholder" label and then once selected the title and value are available (like on an input/label combo)

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi, Scott.

Thank you for the interest in our Angular product. I hope that I will be able to help you with my answer.

Our combo is only multi-selectable and the main reason for that is that we are following material guidelines for that.

It is possible by using drop down and adding some code in you application, to achieve single selection combo. Please look at the "To" field in the following Chip sample, where input group is used along with drop down - there is placeholder, there is filtering, there is custom drop down items. I will wait for your feedback for this demo and if you need some more modifications on that scenario don't hesitate to ask!

Here there is a sample with drop down and combo, where drop down is used to create single selection combo.

Best regards,

Nikolay Alipiev

Software Developer

Reply Children