Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can I create xamPivotDataSelector off metadata only?
posted

I was to use the xamPivotDataSelector off my own metadata to drive a query that will then return a result set which I can then bind to the datasource of the grid.  Unfortunately it seems I can only bind to my own objects using FlatDataSource.  This requires a result set, e.g. the response from a pre run query.

Is there any way for me to populate a xamPivotDataSelector manually on the fly?  E.g. I am going to query a business tier which will supply dimensions, measures etc. I want to put them in the selector so a user can drop them into rows and columns/measures, then I grab those, query the backend and get back a dataset I can bind to another grid/selector for further slicing and dicing.

Is this possible?  I want to use it like you can in excel, which points to a datasource, which shows the fields you can use, u pick them all then it goes and queries (I will intercept events and build/run queries on the fly)

E.g.

xamPivotDataSelector.Measures.Add(myListOfMeasures)

//same for dimensions

Parents Reply Children